3.23.2011

Bunk Beds and other stuff

Shawn and Aidan are the proud owners of bunk beds. They are doing pretty well in them. Aidan has no issues and sleeps through the night. Shawn usually makes his way down the stairs at 1 or 2am and then comes into our room. His sleeping habits at 5 are a work in progress.

Michaela now has a nice twin bed with a beautiful quilt from her cousin Jacque Moon (thanks again Lauraine). She has Princess sheets. Ironically she thinks she is a Princess. Oh how far from the truth could that little devil be. She is, however, fully potty trained. She was a hot mess in the beginning and very combative. At one point her and Michael were in a standoff (aka pissing match) and she announced that she would pee her pants right now. Sweet little girl, ain't she?

Aidan continues to make progress according to his teachers, I have yet to see any of it though. I guess I am just going to go on with life assuming he will forever be non-verbal. It's easier than waiting around desperately hoping for it to happen. What a nice surprise it will be if he does. Aidan is also starting the daunting task of potty training. Why we are doing this when the kid can't communicate his needs yet is beyond me, but I do as the teachers tell me. I guess they like to see me suffer on a regular basis. Hopefully we can get the ball really rolling at the April break.

Life otherwise is quite boring. It's work, Aidan's teachers, coaching for Mike, hanging with the kids, drinking wine/beer, and going to bed. Oh the fun of it.

No comments: